traute räume - urban spaces
exhibition

Klaus W. Eisenlohr 's work is strongly related with public space. Chicago, Hannover, Posen, Berlin and Helsinki have been stops on his journey exploring urban spaces. He uses both, his camera and direct social interaction for a research on the state of urban space and the social conditions for public space. When realizing his projects with photography, film or media the perceptions and visions on place and space are being transformed into images, which surpass the documentary recording but leap into open pictorial creation. The exhibition comprises photographic prints and a media installation with dual projection of "familiar spaces" of the said cities.

| We 24 Oct. 2007 at 20:00, Opening Reception | Exhibition lasts 25 Oct.-07 Nov. | Gallery Alter Wiehre Bahnhof |

Slow Space
screening

Filmed entirely within the urban constructed environment that makes up the contemporary North American city of Chicago, Slow Space is a visually arresting investigation into how space is described, defined and ultimately experienced. (Ben Anderson)

Street scenes and interviews complement this essay on public and private spaces. Slow Space is a film and art project by Klaus W. Eisenlohr. With his project in Chicago, the artist has investigated the relationship between the body and the urban architectural environment over the time period of three years. Searching the anomalies of the normal, the filmmaker traces a 'Desire for Modernity' in the city's architecture being shaped by pre- and postmodern forces. In addition, the film discusses the topic of public space in American cities through interviews with the Chicago artists and filmmakers Deborah Stratman, Chris Harris, Gretchen Till, Ken Fandell, Thomas Comerford and Eduardo Pradilla.
Info on the film: http://www.richfilm.de/filmUpload/1-framesSlowSpace.html

| We 24 Oct. 2007 at 21:30, filmmaker Klaus W. Eisenlohr will be present | Cinema Kommunales Kino

reading architecture
Two film screenings and one exhibition of Klaus W. Eisenlohr are being presented in Freiburg, at Alter Wiehre Bahnhof. Kommunales Kino Freiburg and Architecture Days Alsace and Baden-Württemberg host these shows concerned with architecture and urban space.
http://www.ja-at.eu/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=90&Itemid=127

Location: Kommunales Kino
Alter Wiehre Bahnhof
Urachstr. 40
79102 Freiburg
Germany
Tel. +49 - 761 - 709033
--
richfilm productions, Klaus W. Eisenlohr, Osnabrücker Str. 25, D-10589 Berlin

eMail Adresse:          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Homepage !!!            http://www.kw-eisenlohr.de
Film Produktion:                http://www.richfilm.de

Telefon:                        int.- 49 - (0)30 - 3409 5343 (BERLIN)
--
rohrpost - deutschsprachige Liste zur Kultur digitaler Medien und Netze
Archiv: http://www.nettime.org/rohrpost