update, then dies.

I traced it to the following...

(gdb) bt
#0  0x006e776f in ?? ()
#1  0x080baa41 in update_handler () at update.c:1091
#2  0x0806ce1d in game_loop_unix (control=6) at comm.c:827
#3  0x0806c906 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffff724) at comm.c:438
#4  0x400ae280 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb)

traced the update_handler to the mobile_update() function...

from there, I stepped through the sections until I came across this...

gdb) next

0x006e776f in ?? ()
(gdb) print
$40 = (bool (*)(char_data *)) 0x6e776f
(gdb) list
403                 continue;
404
405             /* Examine call for special procedure */
406             if ( ch->spec_fun != 0 )
407             {
408               if ( (*ch->spec_fun) ( ch ) )
409                 continue;
410             }
411
412             if (ch->pIndexData->pShop != NULL) /* give him some gold */

Dies on line 408.

Any thoughts ideas?

Thanks for the all the help... I haven't been coding in over 2 years... so...
been a while.. and I'm working on getting my skills back into shape ([EMAIL
PROTECTED])
... you know.. one of those life things.