As all of you already found, Rosia Montana Gold Corporation took a group of
CHIEFS from different media, in a trip to New Zealand (it seems they spent some
200 000 euros for this).

I suppose they are good guys - and they wanted to show to the journalists a
"miracle" like this (below ;)

I'm impatiently waiting the articles wrotten about this, by the happy
beneficiaries of the trip, when returning >:))

Codruta
---

http://www.greens.org.nz/press-releases/greens-celebrate-victory-common-sense

The Government changed its mining plans because New Zealanders love their
National Parks and because of the economic value of the country's clean, green
brand, the Green Party said today.

"It's a victory for commonsense," said Green Party Co-leader Metiria Turei.
"You look after the things you love, and thousands of New Zealanders have
reminded John Key of this simple truth over the last year. As a result, we've
changed the agenda on mining in New Zealand."

The Green Party's petition to protect National Parks from mining was signed by
more than 47,000 New Zealanders, while 42,000 made submissions on the mining
plans to the Ministry of Economic Development.  A further 40,000 marched down
Auckland's Queen St in May to protest the plans.
The 2precious2mine coalition brought together a wide variety of environmental
NGOs and was instrumental in the campaign.

The Government also failed to make an economic case for mining the parks, said
Mrs Turei.
"The numbers never added up.  Our 100% pure brand and our tourism industries
are worth far more than mining in our National Parks could ever be.  You look
after the things you love and you also look after the things you need.  Kiwis
are incredibly proud of our wilderness areas and they also understand that we
rely on them economically."

It was wise of the Government to heed the public concern, said Mrs Turei,
noting that her predecessor Jeanette Fitzsimons CNZM made public consultation a
requirement in the Crown Minerals Act in before any changes to Schedule 4 land.

"Jeanette is a really wise woman and made sure that the law required public
consultation. She helped give ordinary Kiwis a voice so they could look after
Schedule 4 land which represents the very best of the best of our conservation
land."

The Green Party was part of a broad and deep response to the Government's
mining plans, challenging the claim that the Government's plan was just a
'stock take' last August and then, last October, revealing that the 'stock
take' included Mt Aspiring National Park, among others.

"I am so proud of what the green movement has accomplished, and that these
precious places will still be there for future generations," Mrs Turei said.

---
"Let me, at least, to know that she'll try
Then she'll be a true love of mine".
www.ursuletiisuparati.ro
Puteti dona 2% din impozitul pe venitul Dvs. pentru combaterea defrisarilor -
detalii cont la www.arin.ro ; denumire "entitate": Asociatia ARIN

Raspunde prin e-mail lui