Firt off, I work entirely in the matrix editor, and recently I've been spending
a lot of time working on, and heavily editing, multi-track projects.

I will frequently open segment windows on several different tracks at the same
time, and also different segments on the *same* track. I'll often hold these
open, and just push them to the back of the stack when not actually managing.
On my system Rosegarden always seems to open these at exactly the same position
so it's very easy to forget what you've got open.

If you now delete one of the segments from the matrix window or move it to
another track. There is a high chance you'll either get a crash immediately, or
(more confusingly) the next time you hit 'Play'. The same applies if you join
two segments on the same track when both have a window open.

My suggestion is to check for any open windows on the relevant segments and
close them before such delete/move/join operations.

--
Will J Godfrey
https://willgodfrey.bandcamp.com/