From: Paul Weber
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 8:35 AM
Subject: Re: Route through email and attach EDI files

I see Martin's 2 cents and raise a nickle. He makes a good point --- especially for small volume batches. However where things get dicey is when attachments start getting too large to get through firewalls and/or negatively impact network performance. For example, I worked for a large west coast HMO that had a 1.5MB limit on attachments. We did a lot of secure e-mailing of capitated patient rosters to IPAs and medical groups. Some of these were too big to go through the firewall so we either broke them up into smaller files or (horrors!) burned CDs.

Paul Weber

[EMAIL PROTECTED]