The "use of process analysis resulting in business scenarios" may be "a
critical and essential concept to Open-edi, ebXML and CPP/A," but I
doubt we're going to be doing much of that stuff here in ID & Routing.
All we have to work with are the existing HIPAA standard transactions -
that much is not going to change.  We are not redesigning healthcare
e-commerce from the ground up, and I doubt many of us would have signed
up for this project if that were required.

Dick Brooks, our liaison to the OASIS ebXML CPP/A Technical Committee,
has already suggested we make do with the simple default 'file transfer'
business process for exchanging HIPAA transactions.  There is no need to
scare folks into thinking we'll require elaborate business processes.
See "RE: CPP Data elements draft for comment" (05-10) at
http://www.mail-archive.com/routing%40wedi.org/msg00558.html. The
deepest we'll have to get into "business analysis" is to analyze what
the HIPAA IG business models already say -  like what we'll have to do
in order to design the CPP so COB support can be "announced," as I
illustrated just a while ago.

"Open-edi" is indeed the correct term for describing scenarios of
trading that don't involve prior agreement and human intervention
between parties;  supposedly parties are to agree to conform to certain
implementations of "FSV related standards."  In effect, this has already
been provided for by the HIPAA TCS Reg, which incidentally also supplies
the "competent legal environment."  I don't mean anything else by the
term "Open-edi," and it seems to be consistent with what's said in the
Open-Edi Reference Model.  I can't imagine - for the purposes of our
project - any need for us to get further into the mind-numbing details
of FSVs and BOVs and stuff like that.

William J. Kammerer
Novannet, LLC.
Columbus, US-OH 43221-3859