There are no standards within HL7 for the facility identifiers.

-----Original Message-----
From: William J. Kammerer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2002 5:54 PM
To: WEDi/SNIP ID & Routing
Subject: Re: Provider to Provider Messaging

Wes:

I agree wholeheartedly that HL7 should be supported in our
recommendations in a first-class manner.  I assume that HL7 has the
rough equivalent of the ISA and GS in the form of file (FHS), batch
(BHS) and message header (MSH) segments.  They each contain Sending and
Receiving facility IDs, but there doesn't seem to be any standard for
specifying the IDs.  Can you elaborate on the facility ID as used in
real life for routing HL7 messages between organizations?

William J. Kammerer
Novannet, LLC.
Columbus, US-OH 43221-3859
+1 (614) 487-0320