On Thursday 21 of June 2007, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2007, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> > On Wednesday 20 of June 2007, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> > > Right now from config.log:
> > >
> > > configure:27985: error: unable to find available BeeCrypt library
> > >
> > > but why it told so, you have to guess and digg.
> >
> > We have beecrypt includes in /usr/include/beecrypt/ so the only option is
> > --with-beecrypt=/usr
> >
> > configure complains:
> > find: warning: Unix filenames usually don't contain slashes (though
> > pathnames do). That means that '-name beecrypt/api.h' will probably
> > evaluate to false all the time on this system.  You might find the
> > '-wholename' test more useful, or perhaps '-samefile'. Alternatively, if
> > you are using GNU grep, you could use 'find ... -print0 | grep -FzZ
> > beecrypt/api.h'.
>
> Ok, but I'm wondering why line 210 of acinclude.m4 does not already
> catch your /usr/include/beecrypt/api.h?

+ test -f /usr/pkg-config
+ set -x
+ test .no = .no
+ test -f /usr/include/beecrypt/beecrypt/api.h
+ test -f /usr/include/beecrypt/api.h
+ CPPFLAGS= -I/usr/include

btw. isn't adding such system wide paths broken anyway? It will break heavily
if you have two copies of for example beecrypt, one in /usr/include and one
in /usr/something/ because checking for other components (let be it) popt
will add -I/usr/include already and you won't be able to use /usr/something
beecrypt correctly.

+ __rcl_found=yes
+ break
+ test .yes = .yes
+ __rcl_found=no
+ test -f /usr/lib/beecrypt/libbeecrypt.la

The macro doesn't know that there are 64bit systems out there that use
/usr/lib64/ (for 64bit libs) not /usr/lib/ (for 32bit) (AFAIK FHS says
something about systems that use /usr/lib32 (for 32bit libs) and /usr/lib
(for 64bit), too).

>                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
>                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Arkadiusz Miƛkiewicz        PLD/Linux Team