On Jul 13, 2007, at 11:24 AM, Mark Hatle wrote:

My preference is external helpers.  I'm not sure if curl, wget, and/or
rsync is the right interface though.

Another external helper vote tallied.

I'd like to see something that goes out and says "I need the following
information", and then the external interface can then use curl, wget,
rsync, neon, or something custom to do what it wants.  (The default
implemented should be http of course with whatever the standard
protocols decided are..)  but I'd like this modular.

Better start thinking through how external helpers get executed.