On Friday, 27 July 2007, at 16:46:43 (-0400),
Jeff Johnson wrote:

> But 0022 is the default setting, certainly choosing the uglix
> standard default is the least surprising choice that meets the
> largest number of expectations.

On systems that use UPG, 0002 is the default.  And last time I used
AIX, 0000 was the default.

It just seems to me that the permissions in the RPM should be honored
exactly 100% as they're stored, even if that means world write
permissions (such as in 1777 directories like /tmp).

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Linux Server/Cluster Admin, LBL.gov       Author, Eterm (www.eterm.org)