Per Øyvind Karlsen wrote:

I've modified DISTTAG tag to be specified in macros file just like DISTRIBUTION, VENDOR etc.
and commited it to CVS already.
Here's my next step, a DISTEPOCH tag where distribution version can be added.

This will change EVR to EVRD which will be represented as
%{EPOCH}:%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}:%{DISTEPOCH}, ie. 1:2.3.4-5:2009.1.
The distepoch tag will behave kinda like the epoch tag in the way that it's optional, but
it's significance in version comparision will be the least.

So this "DISTEPOCH" would also work for "OSVERSION" on other systems ?

Like "darwin8" or "10.5osx" or "freebsd-7.0" or whatever it might be ?

--anders