On Feb 1, 2011, at 10:14 AM, Silvan Calarco wrote:

>> Ah arm, not i586, never mind the previous question.
>>
>> Do you have an openmamba install dvd for arm somewhere?
>
> Not yet, I will release a tarball for tablets called openmamba-tablet when
> it's ready and that's what the installation script in this thread is used for.
> But to reproduce the problem you don't need an arm system, it's a chroot
> installation from x86 using x86 rpm (maybe you don't need to install x86
> openmamba either to reproduce this).
> The installed packages are here:
> ftp://ftp.openmamba.org/pub/openmamba/devel/RPMS.arm/
>
> You may want to clone the directory to a local disk (for me it's
> /var/ftp/pub/openmamba/devel/RPMS.arm, you don't need all the packages but if
> you have space and bandwidth it's easier), meanwhile I'll send you the rpm
> commands to reproduce what I do.

Thanks for pointers. space & bandwidth aren't a problem per se, just need
to fit the maintenance work in.

What I expect to find (becuase its unique to an arm platform) is that
there's a structure in RPM of different size because of alignment padding
in structures on arm. That is typically the root cause when an issue starts
to correlate with "arm platform". So its gonna take a bit of digging to
find the flaw, RPM hasn't visited an ARM platform for years and bit rot
is inevitable.

(aside)
I am resurrecting RPM developmebt on ARM, headed for "make check" and buildbot's
and continuous integration as quickly as I can figger what infrastructure is
needed.

73 de Jeff