There are poorly understood (as in "tested") "legacy compatibility" issues
here.

The patch will be applied when RPM_I18NSTRING_TYPE is ripped
out and I am prepared to deal with the endless
        I'm socked! Simply shocked!
that you would consider ripping out support for I18N summary/group/description
from the hoi polloi.

One of these months is likely gonna rip-out the code that has already
been disabled for more than a year.

73 de Jeff