On Jun 24, 2008, at 7:03 AM, Richard Hughes wrote:

I really think you should talk to distro maintainers as well as closed
source vendors before coming up with any more API.

Are you referring to LSB or to Denis? The "Berlin API" was
proposed by  Jeff Licquia, not Denis, here

    https://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Berlin_Packaging_API

And we're talking 3 methods in the API, this is hardly a radical or disturbing API:

bool compare_dependency(const char *package_name, relation_t relationship, const char *version)

bool register_package(const char *package_name, const char *version, manifest_t manifest)

  bool unregister_package(const char *package_name)