Hallo.

Some time ago we started a discussion of the possibility of spec file
unification between openSUSE and Fedora.

Very early in this discussion we stated, that both are working around
the some problems caused by RPM itself. It costs packagers effort,
installation time and packages error-fragility.

I tried to collect these problems and I would like to initiate
discussion of a clean, effective and (if possible) conservative changes
of RPM, which would lead into more clean and more effective rpm
packaging and faster installation.

Here is an initial draft of the document with a rough draft of possible
RPM changes:

http://wiki.rpm.org/Problems

Particular problems there may have different severity and different
complexity. The worst one seems to be Problems of Scriptlets / Database
rebuild.

Feel free to improve these pages and initiate threads on particular
problems on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec