Miller, Vincent (Rick) wrote:

> I had not loaded berkely-db because I thought I had read somewhere that there
> was a bundled berkley-db with RPM5.  I have since loaded Berkley-DB 5.1.x
> from FreeBSD ports and was able to get the compile to move along further.

There used to be a bundled version, but now you use the regular BerkeleyDB.
You'll need to add the matching flags, like
CPPFLAGS+="-I${LOCALBASE}/include/db51" and LDFLAGS+="-L${LOCALBASE}/lib/db51"

> It failed later when attempting to link against libgomp which is not
> installed on the system.  I am planning to reconfigure disabling OpenMP,
> unless it provides a feature we might be able to utilize.  Can you clarify
> the features OpenMP provides to RPM5?

You can use --disable-openmp, if you don't want OpenMP. The main issue with
multi-processing is that you'll need to enable it everywhere, if you use it for
something like BeeCrypt (where it increases performance)

--anders

User Communication List                             rpm-users@rpm5.org