On Jun 27, 2011, at 1:59 PM, Miller, Vincent (Rick) wrote:

> On 6/25/11 4:39 AM, "Anders F Björklund" <a...@rpm5.org> wrote:
>

>> The BSD and Mac ports are currently using 5.2.1, that is the pre-ACID RPM:
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/archivers/rpm5/
>> https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/sysutils/rpm52/
>

> I would be happy with the FreeBSD port of RPM.  I did do an install of it
> and it did not install the rpmbuild binary.  This was one of the main
> reasons for downloading and installing from source…

Are you trying to build *.rpm's on FreeBSD? That is
doable, but the binary *.rpm's produced are likely
not going to usable anywhere except on FreeBSD (which
doesn't use rpmbuild) without a fair amount of work.

What problem are you trying to solve?

> Perhaps I'll setup another VM and give the FreeBSD port another try…

I can turn on my FreeBSD VM which worked with the "%fbsd8x"
build options in devtool.conf under buildbot's for several
weeks running "make check if there's really a need.

You can have the whole VM if you prepared for a 20+ GB VMFusion download.

I likely can reinstall and redo the entire VM and build RPM from
a cvs checkout in less time than the download takes.

User Communication List                             rpm-users@rpm5.org