Hello,

I create a RPM package containing this file :
/etc/mtab -> /proc/mounts

In fact this is a symlink to '/proc/mounts'.

So when I want to install this RPM package, there is a dependency :
# rpm -i fhstree-20090529-1.i686.rpm
rpmdb: Build signature doesn't match environment
error: Failed dependencies:
        /proc/mounts is needed by fhstree-20090529-1.i686

A working solution, for the end-user, is adding the '--nodeps' option :
# rpm -i --nodeps fhstree-20090529-1.i686.rpm
error: failed to open /etc/mtab: No such file or directory

I can't create an other package providing '/proc/mounts' file because this file
exists only when mounting the '/proc' special partition.

So, I would like to create my RPM package containing this symlink but remove
the dependencies concerning symlinks.

I found this for my spec file :
AutoReqProv: no

But it doesn't solve my problem (I think 'AutoReqProv: no' just remove the
automatic dependencies watching for executable scripts '#!' and binary files
dynamic dependencies).

Is there a way to remove this dependency when building my RPM package?

Thank you.
User Communication List                             rpm-users@rpm5.org