From: Maurice Bouchard <mbouchar...@yahoo.com>
To: "rpm-users@rpm5.org" <rpm-users@rpm5.org>
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 2:41 PM
Subject: RPM v5.4 - config.status: Missing 'Makefile.in'

Greetings,
I am trying to build rpm v5.4 for Mac OS X 10.6.8 but am stalling at
config.status.  The last three messages in config.log are:
config.status:1751: creating po/Makefile.in
config.status:1751: creating Doxyfile
config.status:1737: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in'

and, in fact, there is no Makefile.in in the rpm source directory (where I
checked out the code) but there is a Makefile.am. I built "configure" with
autogen.sh and used all the correct GNU tools (autoconf, automake, libtoolize,
and gettextize). Autogen.sh runs without errors as far as I can tell. I run
configure as follows:
sudo ./configure CC="gcc -arch i386" CXX="g++ -arch i386" &nbsp; (I need the CC
and CXX flags otherwise configure coughs up on libbeecrypt)
It goes through all the checking just fine and starts to create some output. It
successfully creates po/Makefile.in and Doxyfile but then gives the error
message above.

Has anyone seen this? Any advice will be most appreciated.

Regards,
Maury Bouchard
Simmons College

User Communication List                             rpm-users@rpm5.org