Hi!

I am working on setting up some tooling for our Mac OS X build farm.  We are
using RHEL and Fedora in many parts of our installation and as a result there
is lots of knowledge around rpm and yum.  Our current deployment strategy is to
create Mac package (.pkg/.mpkg) files that are put into a disk image (.dmg)
file.  We have a puppet resource type that understands how to mount the disk
image and install the package file.  This works, but makes software removal
difficult and is effectively a heavyweight tarball.

I am evaluating different technologies to better deploy our software to our
slaves.  I have been browsing your site, but I have a couple questions.  If
there are published answers, please feel free to point me towards me.

1) Is Mac OS X supported? Does it work?  Does it require spec file magic?

2) Does rpm5.org code play well with yum? Do I need a specific or special
version of yum?

3) The production/stable/development versions links on the front page don't
point to the latest version in the directory for each branch.  What is the
actual development version?

4) for versions > 5.3.5 and <= 5.3.11, source is distributed as src.rpm.  Is
there suggested method of building it for Darwin?  I could use rpm2cpio + cpio
to extract the tarball, but I wonder if there is something better.

5) Is rpm5 still under active development?  The last code drop I see is from
June, but previously there were code drops approximately monthly.

Thanks for your help!

User Communication List                             rpm-users@rpm5.org