On Apr 4, 2012, at 4:34 PM, Henri Gomez wrote:

>> No worries: I happen to have a fair number of Lion boxes
>> doing nothing more than BOINC cobblestone accumulation atm.
>
> :-)
>
>> I will create and maintain a builds lave for you as soon as you tell me what
>> build
>> options you desire with RPM.
>
> The one we used :
>
> DB 5.3 as system
> RPM in static mode

The static linked "native" build with external db-5.3.15 is now in
the "LION_for_henri" waterfall at
        http://harwicth.jbj.org:8010/waterfall

The same "tweaks" to achieve the build:

        1) db-5.3.15 installed into /usr/{include,lib}/db53 and
                cd /usr/lib
                ln -s db53/* .

        The better approach would be to specify include/library paths using
                --with-db=/usr/lib/db53:/usr/include/db53
        but its easier to create the symlinks then chase all possible
installations
        of Berkeley DB.

        2) Latest AutoFu tools from MacPorts are used by symlinking into
${HOME}/bin
        and used for "./devtool static" like this in devtool.conf:
        %static
            PATH="${HOME}/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
            export PATH
            %autogen
            %configure \
                --verbose \
                --prefix=/usr \
                --disable-shared \
        …

        The better approach would be to upgrade
                autoconf/automake/libtool/gettext
        with --prefix=/usr instead of symlink'ing into MacProts /opt/local.
Again
        it is easier to create symlinks into ${HOME}/bin then to try to deal
with the
        consequences of the AutoFu upgrade.

hth

73 de Jeff