Hello,

I was spending a lazy Sunday afternoon testing the new R 2.8.0 beta in
terms of building packages under Intrepid Ibex.  Things we going fine
until I tried to build rpy, and I received the following error:

src/RPy.h:77:51: error: Rdevices.h: No such file or directory

A little google work and an email or two from Dirk Eddelbuettel
confirmed that while Rdevices.h is included in the source code, it is
now an internal header and no longer being included among the installed
content in R 2.8.0.

Is it possible to build rpy without this header?  I see that work is
being done on rpy2, so maybe we need to think about supplying rpy2
packages for Ubuntu instead of rpy.  I couldn't get rpy2 to compile on
my Ubuntu machine, but I see lots of other messages about that, so I
just need to spend some time to get it working.

I am not very familiar with rpy or rpy2, I just package them up for
Ubuntu.  Any thoughts you guys have on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

--
Dr. Michael A. Rutter