Hi Stanislas,
I had a similar issue. Basically I wasn't able to install rpy2 with the python
I installed via fink.
The only way I was able to install it was with the mac os pre-installed python
in /usr/bin/python. I think it will also work if you compile python yourself.
Basically, I installed rpy2 with the pre-installed python 2.6  and moved the
rpy folder in site-packages to a location on my PYTHONPATH. That worked for me.

Yair