On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 5:44 AM, Joe Van Dyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  How can I have a common set of steps that all my stories share?
>
>  i.e. My stories often start out looking like this:
>
>  Given a user Joe
>  Given a user Jordan
>
>  then:

put this in steps/users.rb:

steps_for(:user) do
>  Given("a user $username") do |username|
>   @users ||= {}
>   @user_sessions ||= {}
>   @users[username] = create_user(:username => username)
>   @user_sessions[username] = login_as(@users[username])
>  end

end

Now, in your file running stories:

with_steps_for(:user, :project, :comment) do

>  I want to share that Given with all my stories.  Or is there a better
>  way to do it?

At one of our current projects in BEKK we have come up with a
convention for naming and grouping steps. It simply follows the same
convention as the controllers for file names, and in each file we put
all steps that are relevant to a given controller.

In the run file we simply run stories with_steps_for all of them.

Try it out, I think you'll like it.

Aslak