RSpec provides an around(:each) hook but no around(:all) hook.  I realized
recently that you can build an around hook out of separate before/after
hooks using fibers, and decided to blog about it [1], using an around(:all)
hook as the example.  Some of you may find it interesting or even
potentially useful.  There's a microgem available as a gist [2] as well.
Note that I'll probably never use this gem and the :all hooks may be going
away at some point [3], so use at your own risk.  It's more of a
proof-of-concept and a fun exercise than anything else.

Myron

[1]
http://myronmars.to/n/dev-blog/2012/03/building-an-around-hook-using-fibers
[2] https://gist.github.com/2005175