Has any progress ever been made towards fixing the problem causing rsync processes to
hang in the cygwin environment?  I've tried just using Unison in the windows
environment, since it has a native port, but, um.  Unison is probably great for what
it IS intended for, but it absolutely sucks nuts as a backup solution (has a tendency
to choke and cancel the ENTIRE PROCESS without synching anything at all if it
encounters a file it doesn't like, and there are LOTS of file types it doesn't like).

So anyway, I know the "rsync sometimes hangs under cygwin" problem has been
acknowledged, but does anybody know anything about when it might be identified and
resolved?

Thanks.

-J