Hello,
        I've upgraded to rsync 3.0.2 on OS X 10.5 and 10.4.9.
I have a file with several KMDItems and two tags KMDItemComments and kMDItemKeywords - both of which show up when i do a getxattr on the file.
        Note, none of the other spotlight keywords show up (why?).
When i run rsync -avXA src dest on 10.5, these tags are preserved(using mdls to display). However, when i run

        rsync -e ssh -av -AX src [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/dest
        (168.1.2 runs 10.4.9)

and then copy the remote copy of the file to 10.5, the KMDItemKeywords and Comments have vanished!

        I though -X now copies all extended attributes?
        Regards
        Saptarshi

Saptarshi Guha | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.stat.purdue.edu/~sguha
A prig is a fellow who is always making you a present of his opinions.
                -- George Eliot