On 3/11/2022 4:39 AM, Dr. Mark Asbach via rsync wrote:
a) Using ssh-askpass, we can use the options -e "ssh -X" --rsync-path="sudo -A rsync" (see https://askubuntu.com/a/1167758). The problem in our scenario is that using ansible, we run the identical rsync command on multiple hosts in parallel (we target about 32 VMs in one go). So the person running the script would have to enter the password into 32 dialogs exactly at the time they pop up.

You could use ssh-agent instead, and add either an ssh public key PAM module to sudo's stack (e.g. pam_ssh_agent_auth) or an ssh certificate PAM module (e.g. pam_ussh). Sadly, I'm unaware of a PAM module that supports both.