So I'm not quite following your Windows rsync problem.
Specifically, do you mean:

"I copied files A, B, and C, and there's still 3 files but each file
is bigger"

or

"I copied files A, B, and C to a directory containing files that I
thought were identical using the -b flag but now there's twice as
many files because apparently rsync thinks none of them are
identical"

?

In the former case: Windows and Linux store files on disk
differently; I would expect files to be slightly larger on Windows,
but like 10%, not double.

In the latter case: By default, rsync checks for last-mod-time and size and if
those
are identical, it treats the file as identical.  This will almost
never be the case across Linux and windows because they store files
differently on disk, so rsync is going to think all the files are
different, so if you're using -b it'll take backups of everything.

Another things to consider: if a directory is named differently on
Windows vs. Linux (i.e. different case on the directory name), rsync
will not merge those directories.

I suggest walking the directory tree to see where the size
differences are, exactly; in Windows I use https://windirstat.net/ ,
there are various equivalents on Linux (including just using du).