"$QUEUE" in my .rc file fixed the problem. It's quite obvious why that is the solution now, but when banging your head against the wall for an hour you sometimes don't see it.

Mathew Snyder wrote:
Have you tried queue\ with\ spaces?

Keep up with me and what I'm up to: http://theillien.blogspot.com

John Arends wrote:
I'm trying to use procmail to filter messages coming into RT but I can't
figure out how to pass a queue name to my procmail recipe if it has
spaces in it.

QUEUE=\"queue with spaces\" and QUEUE='queue with spaces' both cause
failure.

Any suggestions?

My /etc/aliases looks like this:

rt-general:  "|/etc/smrsh/procmail  -m QUEUE=General
/etc/procmail/rt-deliver.rc"

rt-deliver.rc looks like this:

 # Trash Outlook autoreplies
:0 w
* ^subject:.*Out of Office AutoReply
 /dev/null

#Strip Attachments and HTML
:0 fw
   |/usr/local/bin/stripmime.pl

#Send it on to the RT queue
:0 w
| /usr/sbin/rt-mailgate --queue $QUEUE --action correspond --url
https://myserver.edu/rt/

SAVE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON RT SUPPORT:

If you sign up for a new RT support contract before December 31, we'll take
up to 20 percent off the price. This sale won't last long, so get in
touch today.    Email us at [EMAIL PROTECTED] or call us at +1 617
812 0745.

Discover RT's hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O'Reilly Media. Buy
a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com