There have been a few bits of interest in java bindings for the mbuff
driver, but AFAIK there was never a complete binding, so here's an
implementation: http://www.emerging.org/mbuff_java.tar.gz

It should be fairly complete, although not set in stone.  Feel free to
suggest improvements to the api.  The calls are pretty simple - it wraps
the normal alloc/dealloc calls, and provides java-style read/write calls
to interact with the kernel mbuff area behind the MBuff object.  Data
involved with the mbuff is presented as a normal java byte array - it is
up to the caller to interpret structures within.

It lacks a formal makefile, but the build script should be pretty easy
to use.  If people are interested and the api is useful, I'll solidify
it.  It's not 64-bit clean at the moment, Alpha users would need to
switch the normal ints to longs to specify addresses.

Disclaimer - it is a first cut, and while it works, it needs more
testing.  I think it would be handy for those who want to crank out
management apps quickly, so they can devote more time to the realtime
components.

--Matt Sherer

----- End of forwarded message from [EMAIL PROTECTED] -----
To unsubscribe: