From: Michael Trier < [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Jan 10, 2006 2:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Rails] Fast Ruby Debugger?
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I've used it for rails.  I understand that the version you have can make a difference on how easy it is to setup.  I did the trick where you rename script to script.rb and attach to the process.  It works quite well.  What's amazing about the debugger is that it is really fast.  On top of that, it provides tons of information, whether you're in the view, model, or controller.  It took me about a day to get comfortable with it.  Other than the debugger I do not really care for the look and feel of the product.  Now if I could have that debugger in the RadRails interface, that would be the ticket.  Certainly check it out.  I also find stepping through a debugger a great learning tool.

Michael Trier

On 1/10/06, Curt Hibbs < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 1/10/06, Bakki Kudva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Curt,
>
> If you or anyone else on the list is using ArachnoRuby could you please tell
> me if it will let you step through rails code? If so that would go a long
> way for me to learn the internals of Rails. Also can you see routing in
> action? I'd also like to know if you break into your controller code will
> you be able to see session or params variables? Their web site unfortunately
> is mum about rails.

I haven't used it yet with Rails. I'm sure others have and can share
their experiences.

Curt