Hi Raul

Since Sphinx talks directly to MySQL, it's definitely best to have it
on the same server. Theplugins will be able to talk to a remote server
(provided the port isn't blocked), so you should be fine with just the
one Sphinx daemon.

That said, if it does prove to be a bottleneck (whether that happens
I've no idea - perhaps the Engine Yard guys know more), you could have
multiple daemons on different servers, but you only need to index the
data once, and then you can copy the index files across to each server
that has a Sphinx daemon.

Cheers

--
Pat
e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    || m: 0413 273 337