On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Joey H <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  I Would
>  like this code to update the value of the cust_city form field...
>
>                         var ajax = new Ajax.Updater(
>                                         {success: 'zipResult'},
>                                         url,
>                                         {method: 'post', parameters: params,
> onFailure: reportError}
>                                 );

In order to update a form element's value, you'll need to use
Ajax.Request, _not_ Ajax.Updater; the latter works on a DOM element's
contents, that is, the HTML elements inside another HTML element. The
value of a form element, on the other hand, is set via its "value"
attribute.

So something more like this:

new Ajax.Request(url, {
  method: 'post',  // not necessary (POST's the default), but I'd use GET
  parameters: params,
  onSuccess: function(transport) {
    $('cust_city').value = transport.responseText;
  },
  onFailure: reportError
});

:Dan