On 1/23/07, Christophe Porteneuve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> - Spinoffs is for assistance with Prototype and script.aculo.us both.
> It's mostly a helpdesk.
>
> - Prototype-Core is the list for discussion on the evolution of
> Prototype, at all levels: global architecture, individual features, etc.

These are the topics, but I was wondering why it was felt necessary to
divide the group.

Changes are mostly because of users' needs and uses. When the needs
and uses manifest themselves on the first list, and the discussion
about how and what to change happens on the second list, then I fear
the code created might not address the problems in the best way
because of missing input from divers users. Kind of an artificial
barrier between the two groups.

Time will tell, I wish you best luck.

I just don't feel the necessity to divide the two topics. They
pollinate each other, the message count is not overwhelming and the
different topics are easily manageable in any decent reader.