On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 10:49 PM, Greg Hauptmann
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What's the smallest (lightest / most compact) device that one could
> use to do relatively productive Rails development on?  Ideally
> something you could carry in your pocket (i.e. I'm thinking
> smaller/lighter than a MacBook).

Not quite pocket-sized, but you could look at the various "netbooks",
e.g. ASUS Eee PC. Much smaller than a Mac, runs Linux, etc.

The gating factor 're "productive" is the keyboard; I got a Eee PC 900
for a trip, and my fingers are just too big for it -- obviously YMMV.

HTH,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [EMAIL PROTECTED]