On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 5:18 PM, s.ross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well, POST data is actually delivered as-if a hidden query string. So,
> for a GET request, you have an HTTP QUERY_STRING and for a POST
> request you have a RAW_POST_DATA. Both are functionally equivalent

Mmm. Well, they both deliver data, so I suppose you could say
that. Angels, pins, tomato, tomahto, whatever :-)

> Look, it can and does work, and there's no reason to believe it will
> stop any time soon. But why use multiple <form> tags when one will do?
> Are they posting to different actions?

Of course. Why else would you do it?

> Do they expect to know the contents of fields in the other form?

Not in any example I've developed (or seen).

> Should the user expect to know
> the behavior of hitting enter when in one form or the other (can they
> really tell they are in a different form)?

If they don't understand what's going on, someone's done a crappy
job of UX design, but that applies to so many things :-)

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [EMAIL PROTECTED]