Jonathan Rochkind wrote in post #1062792:

> I believe there is no way using the standard supported Rails testing
> framework to test routes from an `isolated` engine. Or to test helpers
> that use these routes.

Jonathan,

This is effectively a guess, not knowing your environment or testing
situation, but in the case of using rspec and wanting to share your
engine's routes & url_helpers with your dummy app, try adding the line:

config.include <YourEngineName>::Engine.routes.url_helpers

to the RSpec.configure block in /spec/spec_helper.rb.

See Ryan Bigg's Start Your Engines blog post for details:

http://reinteractive.net/posts/2-start-your-engines

Look for this paragraph:

"Now, these routing helpers aren't available immediately even still. At
the moment, because of how our application is loaded, we've only got
access to the routing helpers from the dummy application. To gain access
to the engine's routes we must add this line to RSpec.configure in
spec/spec_helper.rb:

    config.include Forem::Engine.routes.url_helpers

Hope it helps.

-J