> On Dec 14, 2019, at 4:50 AM, fugee ohu <fugee...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Friday, December 13, 2019 at 9:41:29 PM UTC-5, Walter Lee Davis wrote:
> You're looking at the id. If you look at how the form renders in a browser,
> the name property will be the usual Rails nested format:
>
> <input type="date" name="auction_listing[start_date]"
> id="auction_listing_start_date">
>
> I can't be bothered to write out an entire set of select tags, just imagine
> if datetime_select was written as date_tag. That's how it would render.
>
> Walter
>
> > On Dec 13, 2019, at 3:26 PM, fugee ohu <fuge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I mean the field names Instead of just fieldname it's tablename_fieldname
> >
> > --
> > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/f6241dbd-793c-4efc-b698-eb59d5ed22aa%40googlegroups.com.
> >

> Can you help me with my other problem, favicon with webpacker? It's another
> post Webpacker complains it can't find a compiled favicon.ico in
> manifest.json I assume this means I'm missing an entry in package.json for
> favicon.ico but I actually followed a tutorial called "bundle your favicons
> with webpacker"
> https://medium.com/tech-angels-publications/bundle-your-favicons-with-webpack-b69d834b2f53
>  I did exactly what the tutorial said but I get this error

I've never used webpacker for anything serious, and every time I have used it
trivially, I have not configured anything manually. I would second the other
advice you got in the original thread -- just ensure that webpacker doesn't
know anything about your favicon, and let your Web server host it normally.

Any regular (web-readable) file in the /public directory of your project will
be served by your Web server without any interference by Rails or any form of
its asset pipeline. Don't use the tag generator in your application.html.erb
file, just use a normal meta tag as if you were hand-coding static HTML. The
correct href to use is '/favicon.ico', and that maps directly to
/path/to/your/application/public/favicon.ico.

Walter