On my sn site I want users to know how many unread messages they have in
the layout alongside the messages link I've got the messages system working
with javascript channels and when messages are created and saved, or in
plain English sent, my app/javascript/channels/room.js file is appending to
the specified CSS selector of the view It works good without a lot of code
Now to have the unread messages count displayed alongside the messages link
in the layout I'm wondering how am I going to do this My first idea is
react but looking at how much code react requires I'm thinking maybe this
isn't the way to go, maybe there's a simpler way using the same room.js
file to update messages link css selector in the layout ?