Nicholas,

With all due respect, if you "wrote the docs on form_with," I would refer
you to my previous thread in which I am complaining about Turbolinks being
default (I think it shouldn't be).

You will also note that the only place local: true appears on the form_with
documentation is in a "red alert" box, as if it is a side-note or "extra
information," and you have to read through almost half of the entire
document to find this obscure yet vital piece of information.

For something that makes Rails basically non-usable as a modern web
framework out-of-the-box, I seriously think you should consider that the
newbies to "just skip turbolinks this way"  (which is a fine choice if you
know what you're doing) is somewhat careless.

Either of 3 things should happen here:
1) If this is so non-intuitive it should be much more prominent in the docs
than it is. Like, top -of-page prominent. Why are there separate settings
for 'local: true' and 'remote: true' anyway? Doesn't that confuse anybody
else. Why wouldn't you simply pass 'remote: false' (which doesn't currently
work) and do-away with  another setting to remember?

2) *Turbolinks should be removed as the default for rails and should be an
opt-in technology like many other things which once were in Rails core and
now aren't. There's just too many devs turning it off left & right and too
many people getting stuck and slowed down by it to justify it staying as
the default.*

3) If new entrants are coming to the Rails framework, it needs to be
explained to them this is an advanced complicated framework and in order to
get basics to work you need to understand how to bind Ajax events. It is no
longer a 'minutes to learn' framework as it was when it was invented and
this is a *perfect example* of the barriers to entry that we are putting up
for new entrants.

(you'll note my preference because it is in boldface above)

Jason