How does one figure out where a definition of a function is given its call
in Ruby on Rails code?  For example, let's suppose, I didn't know what
config/routes.rb is for.  And I was looking at it and wanted to know what
the function get does.  It's not defined in routes.rb itself.  There are no
includes, requires or inheritance.  How would one know what functions named
get are available in that scope and which one of them would be called at
runtime?  I'm looking for a systematic way applicable to an arbitrary file
in a Rails project calling arbitrary function that could be part of Rails
or dependency gem.

When I tried 'Go To Definition' of the get in RubyMines, it popped up a
list of about 100 options of what i could be.  Is there an IDE that's
better at this than RubyMine?

As for me, I can't even come up with a search terms to get something
resembling an answer on google.  That's why I humbly request your help.
thanks.