Hi there Philip,

Thanks for the info. These looks promising:
http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Ruby/GtkMozEmbed
http://mirko.lilik.it/Ruby-GNOME2/moz-snapshooter.rb

Regarding acceptance testing, so you mean the websites that I want to
capture or the website doing the capturing?

Thanks,
Schalk

Phlip wrote:
> Schalk Neethling wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Does anyone know of a solution that will work with Rails that can
>> capture remote screen shots of website a.k.a Magnolia, DZone etc?
>
> I would use Curl, Wget, Rio, or Net::HTTP to pull in the page (and its
> dependencies), then I would Google for "html to thumbnail", find a shell
> command
> that works, and shell to it. A good thumbnailer will let you set the
> dimensions
> to very large, for a screen shot not a thumbnail.
>
> May I ask if you are acceptance testing that target website?

begin:vcard
fn:Schalk Neethling
n:Neethling;Schalk
org:Overt Strategy Consulting
adr:Florauna;;Berg ave 642;Pretoria;Gauteng;0182;South Africa
email;internet:sch...@overtstrategyconsulting.com
title:President
tel;work:+27125468436
x-mozilla-html:FALSE