On 3/11/14 1:42 PM, Daniel Micay wrote:
Traits already provide a choice between monomorphization and virtual
function tables. I hope that the existing system can be extended in an
orthogonal way. I would be very disappointed if Rust ended up like C++,
where you have two almost completely exclusive systems.

This is as orthogonal of a way as we could come up with while maintaining the constraints of (a) one pointer, not two; (b) statically accessed fields at known offsets through trait objects; (c) the prefix property for single inheritance.

Patrick