----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
. . . . . any comments  on the  prototypicality of the AM [tank] cars. . . .
. .

This doesn't really answer your question, but the AM tank car looks a lot
like the "ACF Industries tank car for clay slurry service class DOT
111A100-W-1" as pictured on page 160 of the 1984 Car & Locomotice
Cyclopedia.

The description goes on to say "Light weight 60,500 pounds, water capacity
13,575 gallons; truck capacity 100 tons; 4 inches fiberglass insulation with
No 11 ga. steel insulation jacket."

Tom Hawley  --  Lansing  Michigan

The poll results are in.......  To REPLY to the list, use REPLY ALL, to reply
to the sender, use REPLY.  I do NOT know if this works on all e-mail software,
but it works on some of the most common ones.  For those of you on DIGEST mode,
all REPLY messages go to the list.

Change your membership, change your message settings, use our CALENDAR, view
shared files or photos, view the list archives, GO TO
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/S-Scale/
Yahoo! Groups Links