----- Original Message -----
From: "edwardloizeaux" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 How in the world did 48,000 pounds get translated into 2.93 ounces?  .Just
out of curiosity, how can the weight of the prototype be reduced  to an
equivalent weight of a model?
We'be been thru this before, and it still amazes me how many of our great
minds don't know that 1/64 is a linear relationship and the real world is
three-dimensional.  I did the math and got approximately 2.93 oz also.

Can your calculator handle dividing a number by 64 three times in sucession?
(And don't forget there are 16 oz to the lb.)
Tom Hawley  --  Lansing  Mich

The poll results are in.......  To REPLY to the list, use REPLY ALL, to reply
to the sender, use REPLY.  I do NOT know if this works on all e-mail software,
but it works on some of the most common ones.  For those of you on DIGEST mode,
all REPLY messages go to the list.

Change your membership, change your message settings, use our CALENDAR, view
shared files or photos, view the list archives, GO TO
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/S-Scale/
Yahoo! Groups Links