----- Original Message -----
From: "Edward Davis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
. . . . . .I also have other AM models that run poorly. . . . . . . Would I
be better off having the motors replaced on the poor running diesels, ?

The first step is to determine for sure if the motor is the problem. I'm in
the process of fixing for a customer an AM Trainmaster that he said ran
erratically.  I'm replacing the wheel-wiper pick-up springs. They show signs
of over-heating, probably shorted.   I haven't tested it yet, but I think
that's going to do it.
AM doesn't list motors in their catalog.

AM does list motors on the web site and says, I think, "specify for which
locomotive."
Tom Hawley  --  Lansing  Michigan

Yahoo! Groups Links