About 6 years ago, I bought the Peace Keeper 24" Mini spray booth at a S
Spree in OH. I am very satisified with it. I have mine vented, using standard
dryer vent pipe, to the outside. My workshop is in the basement, so the vent
pipe go in a basement window. It happens to be next to the clothes dryer vent
pipe.
    This is my second spray booth. The first one was made of fibre board. It
had a squirrel cage fan. I bought it as a kit. That company is long out of
business. I got the new one because the first one was to small for some
projects.
    You can make a paint booth, not a big deal. You will need a good fan to
take the fumes out. Just depends on how much time you want to spend looking for
parts and making it. There is no doubt you can make one cheaper than buying
one. I chose to spend the money and get one all set to go. Would rather spend
the time modeling than making the booth.
    The Peace Keeper booth is very well made, and should last you forever. This
booth also has a light built in. The vent pipe is about 8' long and works fine.
It is always better to have as little vent pipe as possible, but mine takes the
fumes out very well.
    Most of the paint I use is Scalecoat or Floquil. I don't like the water
based. Using regular Scalecoat or Floquil, you must get rid of the fumes.
Breathing in the fumes is bad.
Roy J Meissner

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional