For cutting thicker styrene, .030 and over, I use a small table saw. I have an
old Dremel saw with a 5 or 6 inch blade. It works good for me.
Roy J Meissner
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Furmanak, Stan
  To: S-Scale@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 6:44 PM
  Subject: RE: {S-Scale List} A question for the scatchbuilders in the group.

  Robyn-

  Haven't tried that but I had thought about a using a paper trimmer. Like this

  http://www.abcoffice.com/cut500.htm

  I think a cutter that scores would be better than a guillotine unless you're
talking about very, very thin styrene.

  In my scratchbuilding, I use a good 18" steel ruler to line up my cuts and
make sure to use new blades in my Xacto knife. I bought a box of 100 blades at
an artist supply store as a way to get them cheaper and also to encourage
myself to change blades often. For thicker styrene, I make a clean score and
then snap the styrene to finish the cut.

  In some cases, I use drawings that I spray with a tacky glue so I can stick
the drawings right on the styrene. Use my ruler to line up the cut, make the
cuts, and then peel off the drawings.

  Stan Furmanak
  Annville PA