  From: northern_pacific_runner
  To: S-Scale@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2010 12:22 AM
  Subject: {S-Scale List} Turnouts

  I have 18 Tomalco turnouts on my layout. The rails on every one of them were
out of gauge and all the back to back spacing on the guard rails were bad.
Towards the end of the Tomalcos I was de-soldering the guardrails, prior to
installing the turnout, and using PC ties & soldering the guardrails after
getting the rails in gauge. They have been a lot of work to get in gauge. Greg
Elems has helped with that effort and also donated a Fast Track # 6 which works
perfectly. I also have 2 Custom Trax #6's which are also excellent. I have a BK
Enterprises Wye which I installed on the ties that were supplied, much faster
than repairing the problems with the Tomalco, cheaper and it works just fine.
John Currie

  --- In S-Scale@yahoogroups.com, Ed Kozlowsky <soldado7...@...> wrote:

  > Perhaps someone could explain why Don Heimburger is the only S supplier who
routinely gets insulted with no comment.

  > Ed Kozlowsky
  > Sanford, Maine

built to but I imagine a scale wheeled piece of equipment could run on a
shinohara? If they are built like the old HO shinoharas they should be nice but
would need the frog insulated for DCC? ....dave

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: